Gift giving is kind of my thing, and I absolutely fall into the category of preferring to give rather than receive. I love finding something that I feel is perfect for a friend or family member, and I’m usually overly excited to send it to them. There are bonus points if I’m able to give it to them in person! While I’m a pro at brainstorming ideas, the two areas where I tend to struggle most often go hand-in-hand: finding something sweet that isn’t quite mainstream and staying within my budget. Because I have a feeling we all struggle with what to get our closest girlfriends for birthdays, holidays, and the occasional just because, I thought I would put together a guide of 10 of my favorite go-to gifts. Plus, they’re all under $50!
1. Chunky Infinity Scarf – Old Navy ($17.94): You really can’t go wrong with scarves whether you’re thinking of an outerwear option for the fall and winter or a lighter weight option to wear everyday (and all yearlong).
2. Monogrammed Acrylic Pencil Cup – Design Darling ($14): I’ve given this pencil cup as a gift before, and it was a hit! In addition to serving as a pretty piece for a desk, this can also double as a place to store makeup and brushes.
3. Confetti Birthday Letterpress Card – Ink Meets Paper ($6): If you definitely want to send a gift card, up the ante by placing it inside of this card complete with a handwritten note. It really is filled with confetti!
4. Kate Spade Bangle – Nordstrom ($34 on sale; $48 normally): There are few girls who don’t love Kate Spade, and a bangle is perfect to wear with a watch or another stack of bracelets! Plus, a bangle is one of the most affordable ways to gift Kate Spade. PS: My other favorite sources for jewelry are Swell Caroline, Stella & Dot, and BaubleBar.
5. Trust Me You’re Lovely Tote – LH Calligraphy ($15): I have a tote addiction, and I love the sentiment on this calligraphy bag. It can act as a gift bag in the moment, and then your friend can easily reuse it as a tote for work, working out, or running errands.
6. Best Friends in Top Knots Art Print – Simply Jessica Marie ($20): Jessica printed this painting on cards earlier this year that I sent to my best friends for Valentine’s Day. I love that she added the full size print to her shop! It’s a sweet gift for a best friend, sister, or cousin whether she’s in college, moving into her first apartment, or has lived in her home for years.
7. Marshmallow Flower Bouquet – The Bouqs ($40): Although I haven’t ordered a bouquet from The Bouqs yet, they appeared on Shark Tank! Their flowers are grown on the side of a volcano, and you can order a $40 bouquet if time allows. You can also add in additional flowers and a quicker delivery time for $50. You can never ever go wrong by surprising a friend with flowers! PS: Delivery is free.
8. Watercolor Poppy Fields Notebook – May Designs ($19): Perfect to gift to a coworker to take notes during meetings or to a friend who loves to keep lists and journals. Plus, everything is better with a monogram. :)
9. Kate Spade Things We Love Coffee Table Book - Amazon ($26): A book for the preppy inspiration seeker to flip through for years to come.
10. Annie of Green Gables - Rifle Paper Company ($16): I adore Rifle Paper Company’s designs, and they released redesigned covers as part of their Puffin in Bloom collection. The girl who adores reading will love adding this classic to her collection, plus it’s so pretty she’ll want to display it. PS: Shop the entire collection of classics with redesigned covers.
What are your favorite birthday gifts to give? Let me know in the comments!
Stay tied to Carly is Inspired…