I am obsessed with scalloped details. But this isn’t a new thing.
When I was younger, one of my favorite treats was going shopping with my dad at Gap Kids. My dad has a thing for buying full outfits, so a new top always involved a pair of pants to match too. On so many shopping trips, I gravitated towards tops that had a touch of lace scallop detailing at the collar. Remember those? I loved them.
I still love lace scalloping at the collar of a top or blouse, but now I’ve moved on to scallop everything – blouses, dresses, shoes, bedding. You name it, I have my eyes on it. A few of the pieces I currently own (and those at the top of my wish list):
- I have an obsession with the Scalloped Dress from J. Crew; however, with my obsession comes a much heftier price tag. I adore the We’ll Have a Ballroom dress from ModCloth because it’s pink (!!) and it’s much more affordable.
- I purchased this white scalloped cake plate from Pier 1 a couple of weeks ago for a photo shoot (more on that soon!) because it’s perfect for displaying any kind of dessert from cakes and cupcakes to tarts and lemon squares.
- I receive so many compliments on my Scallop Bunting Emily Ley iPhone case. I love the bright colors so much!
- In the spring, I decided bright plates were necessary, so I bought these from Target. Because they are melamine, the whole set would be perfect to take to college too – if it can’t brake, it’s a win. : )
- A perfect option to go from day to night, I would pair this Scalloped Trim top by Pim + Larkin from Piperlime with jeans and flats.
- Bright pink scalloped bedding from Urban Outfitters. Someone please buy this for your room at your first apartment, in college, or at home. I’ll live vicariously through you.
- I love bangles from Kate Spade, but they are much more expensive than this lovely scalloped trio for under $10 from Forever 21!
- I have the hardest time buying shoes, but I love these scalloped Mary Jane Pumps from Ann Taylor Loft! Perfect to wear with skirts and dress pants, I need these so. badly.
- I wanted to be Eloise when I was younger. Any guesses on the name of this gorgeous buttercup yellow side table from Urban Outfitters? Yup, it’s Eloise. P.S: It’s on sale and available in more colors! Again: at home, college, apartment…anyone? Buy it.
What trends do you love right now? Does anyone else love scalloped details?