I’ve always loved The Gap. When I was little, a huge treat was going shopping with my dad at Gap Kids because he tends to shop in outfits (ie: you definitely need a new top to go with your new jeans…even though you have an idea of five that would already be perfect). It was a little girl’s dream. Now, it’s my go-to store for everything because I love their take on classic preppy style (with a twist, of course), and I love their affordable prices.
I mentioned it on Friday, but I attended my local Gap’s #StyldBy event on Thursday night where I was able to preview all of the new fall pieces. It was so much fun to shop while hors d’oeuvres were passed and fun music played! Because I wanted to purchase nearly everything, I thought I would put together a board of my favorite pieces. We’ll call it my Fall GAP Wish List of New Arrivals:
- The Striped Jersey Dress is currently the only item I’ve purchased from my Wish List. I’m only 5’ 2”, so I had serious fears of this dress being awkwardly too long (by that I mean just past my knees). However, this dress fits like a glove, and it falls just above my knees! I love the asymmetrical navy and white stripes.
- I’m always on the lookout for looser fitting tops and blouses that I can wear to offset the tighter fit of my colorful legging jeans. The 1969 Polka Dot Top definitely fits the bill! I’ve been eying chambray and denim tops for a solid six months, so maybe it’s time to finally purchase one.
- I adore colorblocking, so it’s no surprise the Colorblock-Sleeve Academy Blazer is on my Wish List. I would pair it with a scarf, ballet flats, and a pair of Always Skinny Jeans.
- On Sundays, especially, I tend to gravitate towards clothes that are a bit more comfortable and relaxed; however, I like for them to be stylish enough to run errands in. I would definitely pop on the Striped Three-Quarter Sleeve Pullover with a pair of jeans and a scarf. You never know whom you might run into!
- Once fall is in full swing, I live in ballet flats or my favorite pair of brown riding boots. You can easily dress up these Cap-Toe Pointy Flats, but you can also dress them down too. Plus, they’re two different shades of pink. Winner.
- 1969 Always Skinny Jeans – I could go on and on and on about why I love these jeans, but I will just leave it at they are the single greatest pair of jeans I’ve ever purchased. Hence the four pairs currently in my closet. Please purchase a pair for yourself. You won’t be disappointed.
- I have a complete scarf addiction. It’s to the point where my scarves have filled up one organizer and need a second. Problem? I don’t see why you would think I have one. Navy, shades of pink, and pops of beige – the Bright Camo Print Scarf will likely be my next addition.
- I’m so happy that brightly colored pants are still in style, but I’m even happier that The Gap is now carrying them in cords! I love colors that remind me of the ocean, and these mint legging cords definitely do!
Will you be picking up any pieces from The Gap’s New Arrivals? Sound off with the items on your Wish List!
P.S: This post is not sponsored by The Gap, but it would be awesome if it was. : ) I just love The Gap and had to share.