Beauty products is one topic I don’t cover too often. It’s not because I don’t like makeup, nor is it because I don’t have favorite products. I definitely do (in both cases)! It’s more that I’m not completely a makeup girl. I’ve always done my own makeup for events (I’ve been asked if it’s professionally done…HA!), and it should definitely be noted that there are so many days when I leave home completely makeup free. But I definitely believe in the power of mascara, concealer, and a hair gel so good I’m convinced it’s magic. :) I also believe that you don’t have to spend a lot to see great results, so all of my favorites that I use constantly are all under $25 and can almost always be found at the drug store.
- Covergirl Trublend Fix Stick Concealer ($7.49): Right or wrong, I don’t apply concealer all over my face (I actually hate the feeling of having it everywhere). By using this product, I’m able to conceal all redness and any breakouts individually and keep my skin color completely even.
- EOS Hand Lotion – Berry Blossom ($1.99): I love EOS lip balm, so when I saw a package of lotion in the checkout line at Target I scooped it up. I hate when creams don’t moisturize or make skin feel completely greasy, and this cream does not do either! It also smells SO good.
- Maybelline Volum’ Express – The Falsies ($4.99): I love Maybelline mascaras, and The Falsies was mentioned so many times on blogs. I knew I wanted to try it, and it quickly became my go-to. The wand is curled, which allows the mascara to go on thicker and spread out evenly on your eyes. Win!
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub ($5.29): I’m really picky with face washes because I’ve used some that have caused breakouts (super disappointing because the purpose is to prevent them!). As a result, after using this scrub without any issues, I’ve stuck with it for years.
- Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes ($4.79): A great product for sensitive skin, these cleansing wipes manage to remove all of my mascara and leave my face feeling refreshed before I go to bed.
- Olay Classic Moisturizing Lotion for Sensitive Skin ($8.99): Super moisturizing and very light, my mom introduced me this face lotion. I especially love using it during the two extremes of the year – winter and summer – to combat dry skin from frigid temperatures or too much time in the sun.
- Garnier Fructis Style Curl Sculpting Cream Gel ($3.49): Take a look at this post to find out all about my favorite tips, tricks, and products for curly hair. I had to include my favorite Garnier cream hair gel because it’s far and beyond the best curly hair product I’ve ever tried.
- MAC Mineral Blush ($25): I had heard so many great things about MAC products, and last year I decided to purchase blush from their counter. I wear Dainty, and it’s so pigmented but not too bright. It’s the most expensive product on my list, but it’s definitely worth the money (and it lasts forever).
- Essie Nail Polish ($8.49): I LOVE Essie nail polish, and I pretty much only wear bright pink. This is Watermelon.
- EOS Lip Balm ($2.99): An awesome lip balm can be so hard to come by. I’ve tried my fair share of brands, and I decided to purchase EOS last year because I saw everyone using it! That packaging is hard to miss and for good reason – best. lip. balm. ever.
Do you have any favorite products? I’d love the try them out!