The morning of your wedding will likely feel one of two ways: stressful or really relaxed, exciting, and fun. I sincerely hope it’s the latter. However, a fun wedding morning (or morning of any event!) typically doesn’t just happen. In order for you to enjoy getting ready for your wedding, I thought I would share my 10 ten ways to do just that! From hiring a coordinator to packing coffee, my top tips are below!
- Hire a wedding coordinator: The most surefire way to enjoy every aspect of your wedding morning is to hire a day of wedding coordinator. If you don’t hire a coordinator (a venue coordinator is completely different), you will become the point of contact for each and every vendor. Friends and wedding industry vendors always have suggestions for coordinators to contact if you’re not sure where to turn.
- Confirm all vendors: If you’re not hiring a coordinator, make sure to make a quick phone call or send an email to each of your vendors during the week leading up to your wedding. Slightly self explanatory, but bring their contact information with you to your wedding. Cell phones numbers are great to have to ease your anxiety in case someone is running late!
- Ask questions at your rehearsal: Your ceremony is the most important part of your wedding, and it’s typically when you will have the most questions. Make sure to talk everything through with your officiant, so you and your groom understand each and every step. If you have questions, ask them. You’ll feel much more relaxed leading up to your ceremony if you know about each step.
- Pack the night before: If you’re not getting ready at your house, either pack up your car the night before or keep everything that you need to take with you in one central place. Also, some venues openly suggest storing everything there overnight. As long as you feel comfortable, take them up on their offer!
- Exercise: Start your morning by doing yoga, pilates, or going for a quick run. Being active is one of the best stress relievers, and you will likely feel much more centered, relaxed, and focused.
- Create a playlist: Music makes everything better, in my opinion. Create a Spotify playlist, use iTunes, or turn on Pandora!
- Wear something fun: Whether all of your bridesmaids get ready in monogrammed shirts, relax in robes, or simply wear their favorite outfit, wear something you all feel comfortable in. Make sure your t-shirt/blouse won’t cause any harm to your updo when you change into your dress. Button down shirts are awesome to wear while getting ready for this exact reason!
- Create a hair and makeup order: Definitely get your stylists’ opinions here, but think about creating an order beforehand. Hair type definitely helps to determine how an updo will look throughout the day, so think about having ‘maids with curly hair have their hair done earlier than those with straight hair (I say this because my hair is curly and can look untouched even at the end of the night!). As the bride, you will always have your hair and makeup done last.
- Eat & pack coffee (!!): Even though you might feel nervous, definitely make sure everyone (including you!) eats throughout the day. Plan a fun breakfast and/or lunch to enjoy while getting ready. Aside from water, pack soda, coffee, or tea to drink in the afternoon. You all may be excited, but someone is going to hit a wall and need something to start feeling energized again. It’s a long day, y’all!
- Build in extra time: Something is bound to happen – you’re having fun and slightly lose track of time, hair and makeup takes a bit longer, or you decide to take extra photos while getting ready – so always build in extra time. This way you know you won’t be late to your ceremony!
Planning aside, how much you enjoy getting ready definitely depends on your attitude. Toss perfection aside, and have a positive one! Do you have any tips to add? Definitely weigh in, in the comments!
Stay tied to Carly is Inspired…