My favorite season of the year kicks off on Friday. Hello, SUMMER! I love spending time outside in the sun, driving with my windows down while listening to upbeat albums, wearing bright colors, and much more. Because my list of recent favorites for summer has been growing quickly, I thought it would be fun to round them up for you!
Photo credits: 1. The Mat via Lululemon, 2. The Next Best Thing by Jennifer Weiner via Target, 3. Couch to 5K by Active, 4. Chrome Green Smocked top via J. Crew, 5. Golden by Lady Antebellum via Amazon.com, 6. Denim Roll Shorts in Midnight Blue via The Loft, 7. personal Instagram photo, 8. Souplantation & Sweet Tomatoes
- For the past month, I have been going to yoga on Sunday mornings and I LOVE it. Lululemon hosts the class I attend, and it’s free (I’ve seen so many free classes popping up – new trend?)! I’ve found I look forward to my early morning yoga because I feel much more relaxed and ready to start my day.
- One of my goals is to read daily, and I’m currently reading “The Next Best Thing” by Jennifer Weiner. I love that she’s a local writer to Philadelphia!
- The Couch to 5K app by Active is awesome, but my best friend and I have debates about whether or not we like the name. The app includes a training schedule as well as a trainer to tell you when to run and when to walk while exercising, plus you can create a playlist right from iTunes to listen to while you run. Once you advance far enough, there is a secondary app called 5K to 10K, which I plan to use while training for my half marathon.
- I’m obsessed with teal and sleeveless tops. I just bought this blouse last weekend during J. Crew’s sale (for $30 less than the price on the website), and I love it!
- I’ve had Lady Antebellum’s latest album, “Golden,” on repeat in my car for over a month. No, I’m not kidding. Yes, it’s that good. : )
- Finding the perfect pair of jean shorts is definitely a challenge, so when I spotted these at the Loft I purchased them right away. Best.jean.shorts.ever.
- I love going on adventures, especially in the summertime. My dad and I were fortunate enough to be able to attend the U.S. Open on Saturday, and we had such a great time walking around the course and seeing the top golfers play. That day was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had. Go on adventures!
- When I think of summer, I think of watermelon. I grew up going to barbeques at my grandparents’ house, and this summer fruit has and always will be my favorite summertime staple because it reminds me of nights spent with family.
What have you been loving lately?