I’m 25 today. And the feeling I have come back to over and over again this past week is feeling so, so grateful. I’ve been thinking so much about all that has happened to me in 25 years – the places I have traveled to, a serious battle with anxiety that I fought and won, the people I love (some whom I’ve lost), and so, so much more. Sometimes life just leaves me in awe, especially this year. This year was hard in many ways as I’ve challenged myself to grow, but it’s without a shadow of doubt the greatest year I’ve ever had. I feel so blessed to be able to turn 25, and I wanted to share 25 things that make my heart feel so very grateful:
- My parents (aka: my besties).
- My health. Honestly, health in general is such a miracle.
- My hometown
- Kiawah Island forever and ever and ever + my Charleston friends
- Running – everything about it. I’ve never been a runner, and over the past year I’ve trained so diligently to become one.
- My grandparents – my heroes forever and always. I lost my Grandpa this week, so this is so bittersweet to say.
- Facing my fear of flying by myself again six times this year. This was a monumental occurrence because it’s something I thought I might do again “some day”.
- The wedding industry + pros who have become fast friends
- My Puerto Rico adventure
- Concerts – live music makes me cry
- My aunts, uncles, and cousins. Y’all set my heart on fire and make me laugh the way few people can.
- My blog (thank you for reading!) + writing + creativity
- Pink – I would totally paint the world this color.
- My best friend + her mom
- Heirlooms + vintage pieces – I treasure a pair of earrings from my Nana that I wear almost every day, and I discovered her secret stash of vintage English china this summer.
- Happiness – when you’ve fought hard for it, it means the world.
- My friends : )
- The photo shoot I styled. I’m so proud of it.
- My ATC family
- Making others smile
- Making Things Happen – this was the greatest experience ever and something I could talk about for days. I love everything about the MTH community, the opportunities that have happened because of it, and how much it’s pushed me to go out and do.
- Celebrating my birthday + my parents anniversary (I was born on their anniversary!) in NYC and DC this weekend.
- The opportunities and life I’m blessed to call mine.
Here’s to seeing what this year has in store (and renting a car ; ). Go make something happen today that makes your heart happy.