A few months ago, one of my friends sent me a Facebook message asking what she could buy for her best friend’s birthday. This time, though, her best friend was not just a friend with a birthday. Instead, she was a bride-to-be with a birthday. That, y’all, is serious business. No, but really. It’s gift giving on an entirely different level because you want your gift to be a.) something your friend will love – a given, b.) slightly more meaningful, and c.) something that might tie into her wedding day.
I had so much fun brainstorming ideas, and I know that some of you may be facing the same (fun) problem. Without further ado, here are my top present picks for a bride-to-be with a birthday:
Row 2 left: photo courtesy of Style Me Pretty
- Anthropologie is known for having awesome candles, and I love the Tea Cup! Wrap up a candle that the bride-to-be can enjoy in the moment along with a gift card to a local spa. She likely would love a day to just relax. Bonus points if you (and the other bridesmaids) go with her for a girls’ day out!
- The birthday girl is going to need a clutch on her wedding day. Clutches from Oatmeal Lace Designs are some of my favorites. I love her new Beau Clutch along with this Gold Pin Dot piece!
- Plan a GNO with the bridesmaids and a couple of the bride’s other close friends for her birthday! Have a dinner party and plan to spend the night catching up together, or think about going to a wine tasting, cooking class, or cupcake baking class.
- A Kate Spade purse may be a bit of a steep purchase to make, but the iconic brand’s jewelry is much more reasonably priced. I adore the Skinny Mini Bridal Pearl Necklace above (it has a bow!), but the Partners in Crime Bangle is also a favorite along with the Say Yes Necklace.
- Your BFF and bride-to-be likely hasn’t given too much thought to what she will want to wear to get ready before her wedding. A Plum Pretty Sugar robe is a great birthday present option! They’re pretty, as their name implies, and she won’t touch her hair or makeup when it’s time to put on her dress.
- Pick up something fun for her honeymoon for her birthday! This monogrammed tote from Marley Lilly is awesome to use as a beach bag and as a carry on travel bag. Make sure to use the bride’s new monogram if she plans to change her name! Think about having the other bridesmaids chip in and fill the bag with items for the bride to use on her honeymoon too.
- Your BFF and bride-to-be will want to have a camera to use on her honeymoon, but she may also want to capture a few pictures prior too. I would love to purchase this Nikon CoolPix AW100 Waterproof Digital Camera for myself (!), and it’s an awesome choice if the bride is heading to an island for a week at the beach post wedding.
- Pick up an additional item from the bride’s registry or go with something you think she would love that’s not on her registry. Kitchenaid Mixers are so popular because they are functional and come in the best colors. Similar to some of the other gift ideas I mentioned, this is another option that is great for all of the bridesmaids to chip in and purchase.
What are your favorite birthday present ideas for a bride-to-be? Fill me in!
PS: All of these ideas are definitely still in the running for friends with birthdays who aren’t getting married!