Summer is my all-time favorite season (anyone else?). I was thinking over the weekend how much time it seems like we all spend waiting for it to arrive only to see it speed by faster than any other season. Fall is pretty, winter is so cold, and the spring means I become allergic to all of nature. So, SUMMER! I’m definitely not ready for this season to come to a close, plus I’ve been loving a number of different things recently. I thought it was high time to share a few of my favorite highlights of summer with you:
1. Reading: Since I posted this list a few weeks ago, I’ve already breezed through The Vintage Teacup Club (and a short sequel) and Meet Me at Emotional Baggage Claim. I highly recommend both! Next up is The American Heiress. Reading has become my new go-to whether I’m picking up a book before I go to bed, reading a few pages in the morning, or relaxing outside. Here’s to hoping my reading trend continues!
2. The Bachelor: Hello, Monday night fun! I started watching The Bachelor again last year. When I started, I thought it would be for one episode because I was researching for an article. I’ve now watched two seasons of The Bachelor, two seasons of The Bachelorette, and Bachelor in Paradise started last week. Obviously, I’m watching it. These shows might be slightly ridiculous, but my mom and I watch them together (because crazy is better watched with someone). If a show can make me look forward to Mondays, I’m all for it.
3. Lou & Grey: I talked about my love for Lou & Grey a few weeks ago, and the dress I purchased was absolutely worth it. It’s so comfortable, plus it’s a piece I can wear for just about everything – work, dinner with a friend, weekend wear. I’ll definitely be revisiting this line!
4. Jack Roger’s: I had been admiring them for a few years, and I finally purchased a very classic pair of Jack Rogers. They’ve been in constant rotation ever since I received them! I’m a firm believer in less is more, which is why I’m fully on board with spending a bit more on clothes and shoes I’ll wear over and over again rather than purchasing something less expensive just because it’s less. Buy what you love and less of what you simply like.
5. Farmers Market Flowers: My town has what might be the world’s smallest farmers market every Thursday night, but I decided to stop by earlier this season anyway. I found flowers (shocking…)! Do you know what that means? It means I go back every week to the same stand to purchase a new bouquet. I crave chocolate. And flowers. Always. Plus, they’re $6. #winning
6. Biking: Because the mature thing to do at 25 is purchase a new bike, that’s exactly what I did. I say it’s because I want to cross train, but part of the reality is that I just really wanted one (and I seriously can’t run all the time). It’s hot pink, white, and yellow…with flowers…and a basket. Girly to the max! I’ve learned biking as it’s getting dark is one of summer’s little luxuries.
7. Traveling: I think I will forever associate summer with traveling even though I graduated from college three years ago. This summer, I’ve definitely seen more places than I have in year’s past. Between trips to Charleston, I’ve also been to Asheville, D.C, and Niagara Falls (Canada is so lovely). The funny thing about this year is I wasn’t sure it could top last year, but it definitely has in traveling alone.
What are some of the highlights of your summer? I’d love to hear!
Stay tied to Carly is Inspired…