I crave the ocean in the same way some people crave chocolate (which I also crave on a daily basis). Actually, I crave the ocean and the beach on Kiawah Island, which is where I spent the best 10 days last week. The ocean makes my soul come alive. I swear. I feel the most at home and happy when I’m at the beach on Kiawah. I think it’s because salt water and salt air have the power to make the greatest days even better and cure even the worst moments.
Even though the ocean on Kiawah Island is not what you might refer to as blue, turquoise (and any variation of it!) has quickly become one of my favorite colors. From dresses for your bridesmaids to bow studs (!), a few of the turquoise pieces on my radar:
- One of my favorite ways to add color and style to any space is by purchasing an area rug. I love the Trellis Rug from PB Teen. As Emily mentioned in this post, don’t be afraid to pop over to the kids’ section!
- The Fionn Dining Chair from Pier 1 is perfect to use as a desk chair! I adore the tufting and, of course, the aquamarine color.
- While I was on Kiawah last week, my mom and I went on an adventure to Charleston (it’s about 45 minutes from the island). I bought a vintage Ball Mason jar from Curiosity Vintage. I plan to use it as a vase, and it’s one of my favorite purchases ever.
- I love Donna Morgan bridesmaids’ dresses, especially the chiffon fabric and the ruffle of the Lily dress. PS: It’s available in many more colors, but I’m obviously a fan of Gulf Stream (and any variation of pink).
- A headband is the quickest and easiest way to dress up a simple pony, braid, or bun, and I plan to add the Glitterati Classic Headband from ban.do to my collection.
- Y’all know my thoughts on bows, so obviously I’m smitten with these bow studs from Swell Caroline.
- Navy, turquoise, polka dots, and a hint of stripes, the new Dot Print Top from the Gap will likely be an upcoming addition to my fall wardrobe.
- She’s not a “piece” per say, but Emily March’s beautiful logo fit in so perfectly with this post. I adore her photography (I featured one of her sweet engagement sessions here), and I tend to stalk her blog. So should you. : )
- The Something Blue bangle from Kate Spade covers your “something blue” for your wedding day, but I love that you can pair this with a white tee and a pair of jeans long after (or before!) you get married.
Is there a color that reminds you of your favorite place? What pieces do you love? Do tell!