I adore the search for invitations that fit perfectly into an event’s theme and aesthetic, and I believe that purchasing new stationery is a process that should be savored. A trip to Staples is an event, and September will forever be associated with new school supplies even though I graduated from college two years ago. Can you see where this is going? I have an unhealthy obsession with invitations, stationery, and paper goods. I always have, and I think it’s safe to say I always will.
You can imagine the sheer joy I experienced when I discovered the National Stationery Show – a three-day convention in New York City devoted entirely to paper. Excitement. Overload. I’ve wanted to attend ever since I discovered the show two years ago, and I finally was able to see it for myself two weeks ago. It was bliss…in the most overwhelming way possible…because I conquered the show in one paper-filled day.
I met so many wonderful vendors and was able to catch up with sweet friends too. I loved it, so it seems only appropriate to share some of my favorite finds with you today! Brace yourself.
Before I even start, let me just say that my friend Sarah won a Louie Award for her stationery. That’s like winning an Oscar in the stationery world. I could not be happier for her and her company, Dodeline Design. #graphicdesignerofawesome
My favorite cards and paper goods:
Top to Bottom:
- Belle & Union: We all know how I feel about pink, so that card on the right is one of my favorites of ALL TIME.
- Sugar Paper: I died when I saw this booth. I could have moved in. How cute is that recipe box?
- Ink Meets Paper: Allison and her husband, Daniel, are two of my favorite people that I met. We share so many Charleston connections, plus she gave me a postcard to send to a friend to encourage each of us to keep sending notes via snail mail. : )
- May Designs: Loved them all. The notebook on the right is actually a wedding planner, and it’s so perfect to use leading up to your wedding day!
My favorite invitations:
Top to Bottom:
- Kramer Drive: This is definitely one of the sweetest and most unique cards to ask, “Will you be my bridesmaid?” An added bonus is this company is located outside of Philadelphia. Hometowns for the win!
- Caroline Creates: Caroline’s invitations have a modern aesthetic and they’re eco friendly. I love that they still feel so classic. P.S: She’s SO sweet. Nice people are the best ever.
- B.T. Elements: I LOVE nautical inspired weddings, especially those held at the beach. The waves and the monogram with an anchor in the envelope liner are two of my favorite details.
- B.T. Elements: When you can’t choose a favorite, opt for both! I love flowers and calligraphy and teal and pink.
- Wednesday, Inc: Garret, one of the owners of Wednesday, Inc, creates some of the most stunning hand lettering I’ve ever seen. Both suites included above are beautiful, but make sure to take a look at their site too!
OK, fill me in! Which ones are your favorite designs? Please tell me I’m not the only one with a serious love for paper.
sarah - dodeline says
Thank you for sharing a little snapshot of us Carly! I love all the things you found too!