Valentine’s Day has been such a fun holiday since elementary school when my class would celebrate with a party complete with Valentine’s (obviously). I would carefully decide which cards to use and the message I wanted to write to each friend. To this day, I have a thing for cards. I’m known for sending long messages, and I love sending cards just as much as I love receiving them (happy mail is the best mail!). The best pieces (cards included) are ones that I can keep out all year long. Hearts definitely fit the bill! A few of my wedding, decor, and fashion favorites:
- This bride is so sassy. And I love it! I’ve loved heart shaped sunglasses since I first saw Taylor Swift’s “22” music video, and I think they are so cute to wear for a few pictures on your wedding day. Or whenever your eyes need to be shaded by hearts. This pair is so similar!
- Stephanie Sterjovski’s blog is so beautiful, and her SS Print Shop prints are some of my favorite art prints of all time. This gold hello heart print would be darling on a gallery wall. It’s been wishlisted. :)
- You can never go wrong with an Ink Meets Paper card no matter the holiday. This You Have My Heart letterpress card arrives in an envelope filled with heart shaped confetti – a definite win. It’s perfect for Valentine’s Day or to say I love you just because.
- Ban.do is such a fun company! You can pin this heart onto an outfit, in your hair, or onto a bag. But my favorite way to use it? On a cake just like the one in this photo shoot!
- I’ve been wearing pieces from the Open Heart Collection by Else Peretti since I was 16. I still wear my Open Heart necklace all the time, and the Open Heart bracelet is such a sweet gift to give.
- The Threshold collection by Target is so spot on. I happened to see these small canisters the other day, and I was sold the moment I saw the chalkboard speech bubble. The “I heart” is definitely my other favorite detail. These will provide such a (reasonably priced) bright pop to your kitchen!
What’s your favorite part about Valentine’s Day? I’d love to hear!
Stay tied to Carly is Inspired