Target has officially launched their back-to-school section, and do you know what that means? I walk past each week with a huge smile as the sight of new supplies takes my breath away. I’m not kidding. Shopping for new clothes, bags, binders, and notebooks was an event that I always looked forward to. Because I graduated from college two years ago, now I pass by the aisles each week and mentally design a space and choose pieces for my imaginary classes.
I know that some of you may in fact be going back to school (or moving into your first apartment!), so I thought it would be fun to gather together a list of items that I would totally purchase for either occasion:
- I glance at the Turquoise Rose comforter every week at Target and each time I think, “I would buy you.” It’s the perfect mix of fun patterns, mature style, and calming colors for a dorm room.
- I love white furniture. Most college dorms come equipped with a desk and chair, but if you’re moving into an apartment, I think the Braxton Office desk and chair from Target would be a great economical option.
- Don’t even get me started on binders. Ohmygoodness, I’m obsessed. To this day, I always gravitate towards bright patterns and colors, like these floral Greenroom binders from Target. I also love these, and these are a great basic option.
- Are you on Instagram? It’s my favorite app on my iPhone. I discovered Printstagram last year, and you can print your pictures from Instagram through the site. I love the quality and size of the photos I printed, and I can see them strung with ribbon on a bulletin board above a desk.
- Rather than a opting for a basket, purchase this laundry bag from Urban Outfitters (it’s on sale!). I love that it has drawstrings for easy closure, it comes in four pretty colors, and…it’s ruffled. Win, win, and win.
- I am always afraid something is going to happen to my laptop, which is why I always place it in a sleeve when I have to bring it anywhere. I love these bright patterned (and monogrammed!) sleeves from Libbie and Winston.
- The Sunday Bag from Tuckernuck is definitely more of an investment piece. However, unlike a traditional backpack, this bag will transition seamlessly from classes to internships and finally to your first job. Added bonus: you can monogram it!
Is anyone else obsessed with school supplies (or bags)? What’s on your wish list? Fill me in!