Before last month, I had never created monthly goals. However, I loved having a short and sweet list to keep me accountable for how I was spending my time. I also love that my list and goals inspired my aunt to book her dream trip after reading my post. That was one of the very best things to happen in January!
A quick peek at the goals I accomplished:
- Go skiing – I thought this was going to be a bit dicey because my favorite place to ski simply didn’t have enough snow to make it worthwhile…until it snowed 2’! I love to ski because it’s one of the only winter activities that allows me to spend time outside, which is something I truly miss during this season. I have more ski days planned for February!
- Rejoin LA Fitness – Check! I absolutely loathe being a member of a gym, but I have been able to start running again. So, I’ll say it’s been a good decision. Plus, I started playing racquetball with my dad. He’s been convinced it’s a sport in which I may excel because I’ve played tennis for 20 years. While I don’t quite excel at it, I’m not terrible. I also love that we have an activity to do together.
- Hair cut – Check! My stylist knew I didn’t want to cut my hair because I had weddings to attend, but she laughed that it took me an extra three months to finally walk through the door for a trim. ; )
- Read Harry Potter Book 3 – I finished this one night a few weeks ago, and I’ve already started book 4.
- Book a February trip – Complete! I’m really excited for this getaway next month.
- Go to Florida – Due to the crazy blizzard, my three day trip turned into a 36 marathon through Orlando (I switched my flight to the next day only hours after landing). However, it was completely worth my while! I met with advertisers, caught up with friends, attended a conference, and spent lots of time with Lauren. I also flew and was completely calm about it. That’s the biggest win!
I love my Ashley Brooke Designs Desk Calendar, but it’s sold out for the year. Ashley Brooke’s other products (coffee mugs, tumblers, and so much more) are just as fun.
Now onto February’s goals:
- Buy an office chair – This is left over from last month because I really thought I needed a new computer. That seems to have been curbed for now, so the chair is back on the list!
- Register for a 10K – I found a 10K I would like to run, so hopefully registration will open this month.
- Run 2x/week & go back to Barre – When it’s cold out, my go-to thought in the evenings is to head home and stay where it’s warm. However, I want to make sure I run. I also want to go back to Barre for 1 class/week. My goal is to become stronger again.
- Read Harry Potter Book 4 – I’ve started, and it’s really long! I’m really enjoying working my way through the series, so here’s to hoping I can finish the book this month.
- Send Valentine’s Day cards – I love sending mail to friends, so I’m excited for my recipients to receive their cards. : )
- Ski 3 times – I have a day planned with friends that I’m so nervous for because I know one person among the group. Eek! I’m also planning a quick trip, and I’m hoping to take a ski lesson too.
- Continue to plan my WORKSHOP – I had an idea at midnight on a Tuesday last month, and I’m excited to keep exploring it. So far I’ve contacted potential speakers, quickly searched for venues, and made a rough outline for the course. I’m excited to continue to talk with pros this month and make this a reality for creative business professionals in the fall. So much more soon!
- Post one new blog each week – Last week did not happen because my server went down, but just for the blog portion of my site. #Naturally. I’m back at it this week!
What is one of your goals for February? I’d love to hear it!
Leave a Reply